Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Randy's Newest Book at the Presses

I am excited to announce the publication of my new book
Poetic Intercessions: Artful Prayers for a Friend.

This book took shape over a year’s time when I was praying for a friend who had had a stroke. Each week, I wrote prayers in poetic form and sent them to my friend. He was greatly encouraged by my having labored over these, by their creativity, and their potential usefulness for followers of Jesus as they pray for
their friends who are sick. He has since fully recovered.

Artist
Tiffany Cable did ten, monochromatic watercolors for the book, corresponding to several of the prayers. They are beautiful.

Then, amazingly, celebrated author and poet
Luci Shaw caught a vision for this project and wrote a powerful foreword. I was really humbled by her affirmation.

It will be available at Harmon Press as well as Amazon, or through your local bookstore by order.
But for those of you in Fresno, I will have a limited supply of both paperback and hardback at a more than 30% discount.

It’s at the press now and should be available soon. You can see a brief description at the following link:
http://harmonpress.com/bookstore/poetic-intercessions-artful-prayers-for-a-friend/

Thanks for your friendship and interest,

Randy White

No comments:

.